Grand Master of Memory
- Memorize 1,000 numbers in an hour
- Memorize 10 decks of cards in an hour
- Memorize one deck of cards in under two minutes
The standards need not be achieved at the World Memory Championships, nor do they need to be achieved at a single competition, but they must be achieved at competitions that have been officially approved and arbitrated by the World Memory Sport Council.
Here are some of the memory competitions that qualify for performing Grand Master of Memory feats:
- World Memory Championships
- Cambridge Memory Championships
- Welsh Open Memory Championships
- UK Open Memory Championships
- North German Memory Championships
- Chinese Competitions
List of Grand Masters of Memory
Take up the Challenge
There is a group of people aiming to reach Grand Master of Memory level by 2012. Click here to view and join the group.
- ↑ The Mind Sport of Memory 2008 Yearbook by Phil Chambers and Christopher Day
- ↑ http://www.worldmemorysportscouncil.com/grand_master_of_memory.asp
- ↑ http://zoomy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/grand-master-of-memory.html
- ↑ World Memory Championships website
- ↑ Forget Me Not: How to win the U.S. memory championship, by Joshua Foer. Slate. Wednesday, March 16, 2005.
- ↑ http://www.world-memory-statistics.com/grandmasters.php